|Growing demand, rising ethical concerns
All attorneys have had to grapple with the challenges of practicing law during a pandemic, but those who represent pro bono clients face unique dilemmas.
At Pro Bono in the Pandemic: Ethical Considerations of Remote Representation, panelists will not only discuss some of the challenges of representing low-income clients when in-person meetings are not safe or possible, but they’ll also review privacy and security issues that lawyers need to think about when representing any client from a remote office environment.
- What to do if clients don’t have the necessary technology to participate in remote meetings, conferences, and hearings
- How to ensure confidentiality when meeting with clients over video or audio
- The security of electronic communications like email, text messaging, and cloud storage
Help low-income clients solve their legal problems – and avoid creating ethical problems for yourself in the process – with guidance from Pro Bono in the Pandemic: Ethical Considerations of Remote Representation. Register now!
Justice Janine Geske, former Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice and Distinguished Professor of Law at Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee
Dean Dietrich, Dietrich VanderWaal, S.C., Wausau
Jill Kastner, Legal Action of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Kit Kerschensteiner, Disability Rights Wisconsin, Madison
Beth Ann Richlen, Wisconsin Judicare, Wausau
Who should attend:
- Attorneys assisting pro bono clients
- Legal administrators
How you’ll benefit:
- Provide quality pro bono representation while balancing safe pandemic practices
- Keep your clients’ information secure when working remotely
- Fulfill your obligations under the Rules of Professional Conduct
Priority Code: S3961E
Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Monday, December 28, 2020
Wednesday, January 6, 2021
Tuesday, January 12, 2021
Thursday, January 21, 2021
Friday, January 29, 2021
Monday, February 1, 2021
Thursday, February 11, 2021
12:00 – 1:00 PM CT
1 CLE credit including 1 Ethics and Professional Responsibility credit*
State Bar Member: $89
Ultimate Pass Subscriber: $0
*This program will be submitted to the Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners for up to 1 CLE/EPR credit.
Three easy ways to register!
- Call (800) 728-7788
- Click here to download the order form to fax or mail
Where else can you see this program?
Can’t make the webcast? Watch for this program in our PINNACLE CLE OnDemand™ Library!
All attendees get free access to the recorded program for 90 days after attendance. Access this through
your myStateBar page.