Wisconsin Equal Justice Fund News
For nine months prior to May 2010, Shatara Jackson had been enrolled in the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program administered through the Housing Authority of Racine County (HARC). Everything had been going well for Jackson and her four-year-old daughter, so she was shocked when she received a letter from HARC that month stating her housing assistance had […]
Attorney Matthew Hayes of Legal Action of Wisconsin was recently featured on WUWM’s “Lake Effect” to discuss law issues important to senior citizens. Hayes highlighted some of the legal issues faced by seniors, and discussed how LAW attorneys are able to help. Housing issues, elder abuse, or a loss of Medicaid or food stamps are just some of […]
Legal Action of Wisconsin, Disability Rights Wisconsin and Wisconsin Judicare have found ways to stretch their resources in uncommon – but very successful – ways to make a difference in the lives of Wisconsin residents with very limited resources.
Megan, who was in the middle of a divorce, fell behind on her house payments. She worked with the lender to obtain a loan modification, but the lender filed a foreclosure action anyway.
A 68-year old client, Margaret, who was confined to a scooter contacted Legal Action of Wisconsin. She was unable to keep up her mobile home’s yard enough to suit the landlord, who refused to renew her lease.
Legal News from Other Sources
- What’s Hot, What’s Not: National and Global Practice Trends 2017
- What’s Hot, What’s Not: Wisconsin Practice Trends 2017
- The “Uberization” of Legal Services: Consistent with Ethics Rules?
- President Trump Nominates Judge Neil Gorsuch to Supreme Court
- AG Schimel Files Complaint Against New DOL Overtime Rule
- Department of Justice Submits Budget Request